Wednesday, October 17, 2012

How-to: Apply Makeup Like a Pro

How-to: Apply Makeup Like a Pro

By now, many of us have fallen into a routine when it comes to makeup application. But I've found that little tweaks in our habits here and there can result in a big difference in the final result! This website has a fantastic step-by-step guide for makeup application from start to finish.

Here are a few of the highlights:

1. Use a fluffy powder brush to blend your entire face once you have applied foundation, contour, blush, and highlight - it gets rid of any obvious lines or excess powders.

2. Use an eyebrow pencil that is close to your natural eyebrow color to fill in the gaps - okay, i have always avoided eyebrow pencils because of the drawn-on look I associate with them and older women. But honestly? I find that using a eyeshadow color similar to your natural eyebrow color brings out your eyebrows in a subtle and natural way that frames your face and creates a more striking appearance. Try it!

3. Apply a lip primer before lip color for longer lasting color with more vibrance. Confession: I have never heard of lip primer until now! I always find myself reapplying my lip color so I'm excited to get out there and try some primers. As usual, let me know if you have ever used a lip primer you love!

For the full article, check out the original webpage at: http://www.wikihow.com/Apply-Makeup

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment